Rohre / Extrusion / Profil
AMS QQ-A-250/10 / AlMg3Mn / 5454 / H22 / H32
|Chemical Properties||% Value|
|Silicon (Si)||0,00 - 0,25|
|Chromium (Cr)||0,05 - 0,20|
|Manganese (Mn)||0,50 - 1,00|
|Magnesium (Mg)||2,40 - 3,00|
|Copper (Cu)||0,0 - 0,10|
|Titanium (Ti)||0,00 - 0,20|
|Iron (Fe)||0,00 - 0,40|
|Zinc (Zn)||0,00 - 0,25|
|Melting Point||645 °C|
|Thermal Expansion||23.6 x10^-6 /K|
|Modulus of Elasticity||70.5 GPa|
|Thermal Conductivity||135 W/m.K|
|Electrical Resistivity||%34 IACS|
|Elongation A50 mm||%16|
|Modulus of Elasticity||70 GPa|
to specification ASTM B209 Tempers and is an excellent choice for large pressure vessels and certain marine fabricated products. The formability is at its best in the soft 0 temper, but also sometimes used in H32 or H34 tempers too. However the strength and corrosion resistance are not always as good as other alloys, so as always a marine structural engineer should be consulted for each application.
Alloy 5454, UNS A95454, ASTM B209
ISO AlMg3Mn, AMS QQ-A-250/10
- O - Soft
- H111 - Annealed and slightly strain-hardened (less than H11) during subsequent operations such as stretching or levelling.
- H112 - Slightly strain-hardened from working at an elevated temperature from a limited amount of cold work (mechanical property limits specified).
- H32 - Work hardened by rolling then stabilised by low-temperature heat treatment to quarter hard
- H34 - Stabilised - A low temperature thermal treatment or heat introduced during manufacture which stabilises the mechanical properties and relieves residual internal stress, plus usually improves ductility
- H36 - Strain-hardened and stabilized - 3/4 hard.
- H38 - Strain-hardened and stabilized - 4/4 hard (fully hardened)